I've grown 2 inches since I graduated high school. My hair has been different colors, my eyes...always brown, and left rib is still bent forward. I still eat lima beans with ketchup. My love for dogs has only grown, but I still think more of them than I do most humans. Stepping out of the shower without a rug or towel under my feet makes me extremely disgusted. SICK. After several spider bites, I'm still not frightened by them. I cry during Homeward Bound e v e r y single time.
I am soon to be 25 years young. . .and I am as single as I have ever been. I don't hate this status, either. I am in Occupational Therapy school with 47 people; of the ones above 21...guess how many are single (unmarried or not in some kind of relationship fiasco)? *1* ME! Because of this, many sweet friends are always trying to set me up.
Point 1. I am horrified of dating, please don't get in my 3ft personal space. This will cause me to start sweating and eventually pass out 2. If you lie to me about your occupation, I will find out...what's wrong with people?! 3. Don't make assumptions about my singledom and then recite them to me on a 1st date. That's rude, and you are probably wrong. 4. Under NO circumstances is it okay to bring your family along when first meeting me. Not only is that creeptastic, it makes me feel like you are still "failing to launch". And bros, unless you are Matthew Mcconaughey, please...launch already. and 5. Seriously, don't tell me about your ex girlfriend when we first meet. I'm sure she was beautiful, smart, and had a wealthy family. Unfortunately, it's not only outside of my interests, it's--you guessed--RUDE!
My dad thinks that I need to "focus on school and ignore any requests to even be friends with 'boys'. . . 'because he really can't deal with me crying on behalf of some kid who doesn't want to be nice to me (ha)." My papaw (love of my life) says, "Cort, I used to be a boy...stay away from every last one of them. Until they are 65."
Have y'all read "He's Just Not Into You"?! I was very hesitant to read a book about why some bros don't like me...but I did it. It was great. Here's one of my favorite quotes...
"If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs. “Busy” is another word for “asshole.” “Asshole” is another word for the guy you’re dating. You deserve a fking phone call."
Ladies and gentlemen. I am not a "man hater", some of my best friends are in fact...from the male species. Here's my concern. When I was looking up "the psychcology of relationships" one time (forgive me for being one of those people), there were multiple ads for mental health therapists near you. Wait a minute. WHY would I want to get invested in one of these "relationships" if I am going to need a shrink after (or during). I do believe I have plenty of other reasons I could pay someone to listen to me complain. . I am not trying to add a crook to my life to only make it MORE complicated. I want to throw up all over myself and whoever is next to me when I see Facebook drama concerning a "relationship" that is on the rocks...and 24+ yr olds publishing the dirty details. GET over it. or here's an even better idea...communicate with the dude/chick...no one on facebook is probably liscensed to make it allll better. :)
I am so happy for my friends that are married or with a marvelous guy/gal. Truly am. But. For those of you that are terrible at relationships (hey, not calling you a dud..)or are unable to treat people like they are worth more than a mcchicken (only a $1 now!)....please do something about it. Read a book on happiness. Go for a walk and take pictures of all the dogs out with their human. For Heaven's sake, figure it out.....I'm somewhat exhausted from hearing about all the ridiculous things that people keep doing to each other.
Sidenote: I'm 100% certain I am not perfect and am full of relationship flaws. But, I'm writing this blog so I kind of get to do/say what I want. :)
"You want to know about relationships? I know all there is to know. Just ask my second wife Tina. Yeah, she was a stripper. And if Montel Williams wants to talk sh*t some more then he can go f*ck himself cause those charges were dropped." -Kenny Powers :)
OH MY GOD I ADORE YOU. Girl you gotta meet Maddie she's still single! Also, I'm glad you're OK with being single because the older you get the more freedom you have and what better way to enjoy that freedom than young and single! Enjoy it woman.
ReplyDeleteYou just get wiser and wiser. And funnier and funnier. This is the best. You know...you may be able to write a book in...uh...another year. Until then, Keep showing em the ropes.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are happy with how things are going in your life! All that truley matters is your happiness! Enjoy the dogs in your life because they are prob better that alot of men out there! Have lots of fun and one day you may meet someone just like you! never settle though
ReplyDelete