Question: What is the only tool that works even when its broken? Answer: The heart.
My favorite words -that, ironically, I despise hearing from people who are c-l-u-eless on what they actually mean to the human heart- seem to all start with H: Healthy. Happy. Hopeful. Hurt. Help. What gives, you silly 8th letter of the alphabet?! I am clearly in the dark how it's possible that one letter can begin so many misunderstood words. Poor H.
What do you do when you lay your heart out on a platter and then realize it's been recklessly thrown around and not cared for? First things first: Help yourself. Be hopeful.Love yourself, even when others have allowed you to feel un-lovable--discover what hopefulness can do for your broken pieces. Bring happiness to someone else...even if they've hurt you. See what I mean?! Those H's.....bittersweet.
I really enjoy diagramming sentences. Balancing chemical equations (beginner level, please). Making menus. To-do lists. Creating stories in my head and never writing them down. Reflection: I have never stopped organizing and planning...ever. It's who I am, what I do, and how I get through hard times. I THINK. way. way. way. too much (or just enough, oh my, I am not certain!) Let me portion it out for you: I have a story created of what I think my life is supposed to be. I already have all the main characters (people..i mean), career, home, holiday plans, written (mentally) and ready to go. Problem: my organization of future has failed me miserably. It keeps holding me back. I won't allow myself to let go of what I've wanted for so long. The most illogical part of the story is...I am the character standing in the way of freedom....and can't seem to see all of the signs (i figure they have to be written in braille because I can't figure them out) that tell me to TURN AROUND! STOP! NO TRESPASSING! Seriously, all I want to do is fit in my own storybook....s o m e t h i n g -someone, me!?- has got to give.
I love who I am. I love the ridiculous things I say, that make sense to no one but me. I love my belly button (it even has a beauty mark on it!ha). I love that I laugh relentlessly and loudly. I love that when I see a dog, my heart instantly loves.
okay, positive comments: check.
Public service announcement: It is not okay, acceptable, decent, or excusable to hurt other human hearts....and continue to do it when you KNOW you're *Hurting them. We all make mistakes, say inappropriate things, talk negatively, and jump to conclusions. But here's the deal. Words hurt...so so much. Playing games with people's hearts might very well be the most painful experience us humans can endure. Be kind. Don't knowingly cause others to suffer. Instead....give others a chance to be....
*hopeful in a *happy and *healthy .....future.
"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others."
~ Colossians 3:12-13 ~
~ Colossians 3:12-13 ~
Until we meet again....
Cortney

Courtney. Keep blogging. I am about to pick it back up. I appreciate this post very much. You are so very right. Words or even actions can damage someone to the very core. It may take this person weeks, months, or even years to be back to who they used to be. My only advice is that you, me, us all, learn something from each of lifes experiences that we run into. Hope you have a good one.
ReplyDelete-the kid
and oh...my gosh...why did you make the comments be in that font..?
ReplyDeletedominated