Tuesday, November 19, 2013

forgetaboutit is my favorite.

"We do not experience enjoyment, joy, interest, or excitement all of the time, any more than we continuously experience any of the negative affects. Both positive and negative affects are part of humanness, and the positive emotions we experience that create happiness are differently important than the negative ones from which we can learn." -Psychology Today, some day in the last week.



How many times have you found yourself saying, "I would just never do that to someone...I don't understand how they could?!"

I recently threw a pity party for myself...a non-stop, invite your neighbor's sister's pen pal kind of party.
 yea, i said a party. for a noun that can't even jump around and dance or sing karaoke. The noun?
Feelings (that sounds lame, but I am going to leave it). I gave feelings, hurt ones, a party. I even created a theme for the party. "It's you. not them."

 (haha, silly bear)

As of late, I have pushed myself to embrace as much of the positive, happy, happy, joy, joy things going on in my life. Lay in my bed and tell my sweet dachshund angel about the great things I have been given. I like to write them on my mirror. For complaints I make, I think of something good to replace it (when I feel like being proactive, that is). Today, I caught myself telling a friend that my eyes have always looked dreadful. "I hate when someone asks me if I am sick because of my puffy and black under my eyes are!" Then I immediately caught that I had just wasted 25 seconds complaining instead of being grateful...so I hurried and spouted out, "no! wait. I love my eyes! I can see I am so happy I can see!" Thankfully, this friend knows me well and knows I am making an attempt to spend my time uninviting myself to my own pity parties.



You know when someone tells you something that you can't remove from your memory? It just digs away at you. Everything finds a way to remind you of their belief regarding you? 

I don't know you like I know me. You don't know me like you know you. 

Another theme of party I throw for myself is that of "if you only knew".

My feelings get so involved with placing themselves places they do not belong. Like, wondering why someone would say something to me that they knew would ultimately cause me to feel lousy. 
Options:
Said people are...
1. Aphasic. 
2. Without animal/pet so they are miserable.
3. Human beings.

I make "whywouldthey" stew and let it sit for days in my mind. (I am craving soup, notice?) 

 "Whoever said revenge is sweet never tasted the yumminess of fortgetaboutit."



Dog name tags
pie crust 
shampoo and condition isles
piano players
peaches in a can

Instead of wondering why people do what they do....and never fully understanding.... I think I'll attempt to tend to one of the 902 happy things running through my mind (most of which center around dogs and possibly ice cream).

I'll try and remember that just because things don't happen as and when I want them to, doesn't mean I am doomed and deserve parties with senseless themes. (unless the theme just so happens to be prehistoric animals and or world maps).

Probably I should remind myself of what Ramona Quimby's dad taught me in one of her books...
"Fool you once, shame on him/her. Fool you twice, shame on you."  (oh how i loved those books)

Trust yourself and do what you love...unless you love to eat raisins because they are gross and I wish they would quit making them. 

:)

Oh, the random list of items below the picture of Alice are just a few things I am so so happy I have. #ADDhiiiyaaa!





No comments:

Post a Comment